Vango Supernova 3000 Long Sleeping Bag '11
The Supernova range is our premier collection of sleeping bags. The construction, insulation material and reflective interlining are all designed with the purpose of retaining body heat while keeping weight to a minimum. Vango's Thermal Embrace System in this range, gently encourages the inner lining towards you, increasing room to loft and maximising warmth. Duke of Edinburgh's Award Recommended Kit.
- DofE Recommended Kit
- Off-set double layer construction - Since the stitching is offset, cold spots don't form beside stitch lines. The layers are separated using an interlining layer to keep the fill sliding rather than snagging or lumping.
- Polair® RSN shell with water resistant finish - Our 40 denier ripstop nylon shell is soft to the touch and breathable for comfort. The abrasion resistant and durable qualities of nylon ensure a long lasting sleeping bag. The water resistant fi nish applied to the shell keeps condensation on the outside of the shell, keeping the insulation dry and giving the user a better night's sleep.
- Polair® mini-RSN lining - Our 40 denier mini ripstop nylon lining is soft, warm and breathable next to the body. Nylon is durable and resists abrasion for a long lasting sleeping bag.
- Thermal Embrace System - The Vango TES system utilises elasticated thread in the lining to enable the sleeping bag to hug your body. This allows you to move freely when sleeping while fitting the inner lining snugly around you. As the lining is encouraged towards you, it increases the loft between the inner and outer layers and reduces the amount of air around the body, resulting in greater insulation and more warmth.
- Insulite® Aero insulation - A hollow fibre insulation with a larger hollow void than standard fibres. As a result more air is trapped, increasing the insulative properties of the sleeping bag. Additionally, Insulite Aero's spiralised, siliconised fibres loft well, are compactable and feel better to the touch than standard insulations.
- Aluminised reflective interlining - Reflects radiated heat back towards the user making the bag warmer. The interlining is breathable for comfort and prevents the layers of fillings rubbing together for increased longevity of fill.
- Four panel profiled hood - Our four panel profi led hood is tucked in above the shoulders and higher around the face to create a warm, snug fit. An additional layer of insulation within the hood effectively reduces heat loss from the head area.
- Multi-cord hood closure with insulated face baffle - The different thicknesses of tactile cord in the hood's multi-cord adjustment can be easily adjusted in the dark. The padded enclosure gives a soft and comfortable fit.
- 3D insulated zip baffle - The zip baffle stops heat escaping through the zip. The baffle's top mounted position ensures that gravity pulls it down against the zip. The 3D shape allows the baffle to loft, giving better insulation.
- Insulated adjustable shoulder baffle - Stops heat escaping from inside the bag when rolling over. The adjustable cord increases comfort and heat retention.
- Arrow foot - Shaped foot area allows feet to relax whilst sleeping, without excess space and air in bag.
- Omega shaping - Engineered to have the zips and seams in the bottom half of the bag. These bags will have better heat retention, with a neat, comfortable fit around the shoulders and allow differential fills to be used, giving greater warmth where needed most.
- Low profile two-way auto-lock zip - Seal in warmth or facilitate ventilation. The autolock zip prevents the bag opening when rolling over during the night. The low profile construction helps prevent the zip snagging on lining fabric.
- Zip extends around foot - Open the bag to use as a blanket in warmer weather or simply to ventilate the foot area.
- Zip guard with anti-catch piping - Helps prevent zip snagging on lining, allowing easy opening and closing.
- Internal pocket - Easy to use, secure storage for phones or MP3 players.
- Temperature ratings independently measured in accordance with EN 13537:2002 - In order to provide a realistic indication of the temperature range at which a camper will feel comfortable whilst using one of our sleeping bags, we have tested the insulative properties of all of our Supernova sleeping bags in accordance with EN 13537:2002.
- Two-part compression sac - Compresses bag for easier packing, or just use the stuffsac to reduce weight.
Suggested Usage: -7 to 18ºC
Performance: 3 Season
Max user height: 205cm
Dimensions: Length: 225cm / Chest: 83cm / Foot: 50cm
Weight: 2000g (2150g with stuffsac)
Fill weight g/m2: 2 x 125 top / 2 x 125 base / 3 x 125 hood
Packed size: 33 x ø22cm / 12.5 litres
OUT OF STOCK
Snow Sport Accessories
Clearance Snow Sports
Duke of Edinburgh
Outdoor & Walking Equipment