We, Rivendell Outdoor Ltd. (owners of Summits and the Summits website www.summits.co.uk) are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018). Any information collected by this website is done in order to process your order and to provide you with the best service possible.
The data controller is Rivendell Outdoor Ltd.
- Use of Information
- Email Marketing
- Sales Transactions
- IP Addresses
- Cookie Information
- Cookies Used
- Data Storage
- Your Rights
- Access to Information
Use of Information
We collect personal information from you to inform you by e-mail of updates, product registration, website features, special offers, and to respond to any contact you may submit to us. This information is volunteered by you, for these purposes.
We use information we have about you to;
- notify you about changes to our service
- ensure that our site and its content is presented in the most efficient method for you and for your device
- provide information on products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- allow your participation in features of our service, when you choose to do so
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. This may include forwarding delivery information to couriers and suppliers
Summits, Rivendell and all companies involved in delivering this website and e-commerce facility, will process and/or use your personal information in order to respond to your communication to us, regarding the performance and operation of the website.
We will not share your information with any other company beyond this remit without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law, if you are a competition winner, or if you have made a request for information. We will never sell your information to any other company.
- If you opt-in to receive emails from Summits about news and events, your email will be added to Summits consumer database
- You can opt-in to receive emails through the email newsletter sign-up in footer section of the website, or when you place a sales order.
- You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time. This can be done by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the received email. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email Admin@Summits.co.uk detailing the email address that the emails are being sent to, and we will be happy to assist you.
- Email addresses collected by Rivendell Outdoor will on this website will only be used to send information from Summits
- Occasionally, we may run a joint promotion with a third party, in these instances we will be clear about who you are giving your information to. If you do not want to provide this information to the third party, simply tick the relevant box on the form.
- If you decide that you don't want to receive marketing content from Summits any longer, please note that we may still be required to send you emails regarding factual, transactional and/or servicing information in connection with products or services that we are providing to you.
- Our payment processors are WorldPay and PayPal
Information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, may be collected for system administration. This is statistical data about website access and browsing actions used to assist the understanding of how users browse this website.
Session cookies are used to allow actions to be remembered within the website. Any page changes or item or data selection you do is recalled from page to page throughout your session. This means that you donâ€™t get asked the same information that youâ€™ve already given to the site. These cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your session.
Tracking cookies help us to remember your information and settings when you visit our website in the future. This results in a faster and more convenient access and may enhance your experience of services or functions we offer. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them or they expire (they have varying expiry dates, going up to two years).
We use website analytics cookies to allow us traffic on our website, to number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when theyâ€™re using it. This feedback allows us to continually improve the way our site works
None of the data we get from cookies will contain information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email, or any other means.
Find a list of cookies used on the Summits site here.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict security protocols to prevent unauthorised access to any information provided.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
Under GDPR, you have the right to access the information we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of the data we hold about you, please emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a Data Subject Access Request, or by post toÂ Data Subject Access Request - Summits.co.uk, 36 Moss Street, Paisley, PA1 1BA. Although you are not obliged to, it will assist the speed in which we can retrieve information if you could include in what capacity the information we hold was obtained for e.g. email marketing, sales order or survey response, and the approximate date in which it was obtained, or used.