Sealskinz Waterproof All Weather Mid Length Socks with Hydrostop (Black/Grey)
The original, 100% waterproof, windproof & breathable mid-length sock featuring Hydrostop. Perfect for use in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Waterproof three-layer construction for warmth, durability and waterproofing
- Comfort Merino wool lining for moisture control, insulation and comfort
- Hydrostop Reduces water ingress
- Support zonal elastication for added support
- Comfort flat toe seams prevent rubbing
- Comfort Footbed padding reduces pressure and absorbs shock
Hydrostop Usage Guide SealSkinz Hydrostop technology creates a seal between the sock cuff and skin, helping to reduce the amount of water from running down the leg and into the sock. Due to this close bond between sock cuff and skin, we recommend that Hydrostop socks are only used outdoors and not for a prolonged period of time. Incorrect or prolonged use can result in excessive rubbing against the skin and may in a very small minority of cases cause minor skin irritation. The Hydrostop seal material has been fully tested to EN ISO 10993-5: 2009 and is OEKOTEX compliant.
- Outer 90% Nylon, 10% Elastane
- Membrane Hydrophilic Membrane
- Inner 36% Merino Wool, 36% Acrylic, 18% Polyester, 5% Elastane, 4% Nylon, 1%TPU
Merino Wool Finer than traditional wool with tiny overlapping scales that case each fibre, these scales are hydrophobic (water repellent). Inside it’s a different story, the fibre core is hydrophilic (highly absorbant). Merino is, therefore, a wicking fibre and can absorb and release 10 times more moisture than synthetics. Each fibre can absorb up to one-third of its own weight in moisture without feeling clammy or wet to the touch. In our socks and gloves, the moisture is then wicked through the membrane to keep you feeling warm and dry.